der asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Do I have to put a comma here?

So they really combine all the elements in the city, make a nice, fresh, modern twist to it(,) and make it really unique to Seattle.

Do I have to put a comma before coordinating conjuctions?

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me

Generally, it's considered to be optional if there's no chance of confusion. As for myself, I prefer to put a comma there, but the grammar police won't get you if you leave it out.

No. Not necessary. The 'and' takes the place of a comma.

Source(s): Native American English speaker.

It could be phrased better, with fewer words.  I would say:  "So they really combine all the elements in the city, giving it a fresh, modern twist, in a way that's unique to Seattle."  As you can see, I used the comma.  Some people might not.  I prefer it.

Source(s): native English speaker US

That's called an Oxford comma and it's a matter of opinion.

No, a comma is not necessary in that context.

It is a rule of English grammar that has a common (if disputed) exception known as 'the Oxford comma'. 'The Oxford comma rule' suggests that a comma is used in this context if not to do so could cause confusion. In this case, there would be no confusion by not having a comma so the normal rule of English grammar applies and it is not used.

No. The final clause doesn't stand as a sentence, so no comma required.  But you have a list rather than a co-ordinating conjunction so a comma is permissible. This is the Oxford Comma or Harvard Comma depending which part of the world you are in. You also do not need 'really' - unique is an absolute and should not be qualified.