Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 2 months ago

Do you think CD collectors appeciate music more than the digital music downloaders?

• chorle

I think the appreciate owning the things they pay for and being able to loan, sell, give away CD and not have to worry about their music not being supported by the people who sold them the license to listen to it like digital suddenly not supporting their files like Sony did several years ago. 

Yes I think so. Downloaders generally only want to listen to hit songs, and ignore the rest of the album. People who buy CDs do it so they can listen to the entire album. Of course, there are many instances that a CD may only contain 1 or 2 songs a person likes, so it makes little sense to buy the entire CD. Downloading would make more sense. It is also a reason to buy compilation albums instead. But if a person only download music exclusively without buying any CDs, then that person does not appreciate music much. He/she just likes catchy tunes that are not musically worthwhile. Further, I buy a few classical music CDs. It is the best way to listen to a symphony or concerto. Don't think it is cheaper to download a symphony or even possible to do so. 

To a certain extent, I do believe so in general because like generations before...access to the music was always harder back then than it is now even I have much experience with that.  As a musician and producer myself, the fans that are involved in the concerts, special events, and other ways to support the genre are the definition of music appreciation.