Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

How come people think that I'm a sexist just because I got mad and called my ex fiancee names?

So I'm pretty mad and upset with my fiancee who is now my ex fiancee. She decided to call off the engagement stating that because vietnam has suspended all commercial air traffic, she thinks it is better for us to find someone in our countries. I'm ticked off because the reason why I was set up with her was because I couldn't find anyone here in the US in the first place. I told people that my fiancee is a B word because she won't wait for me. I don't get what is so wrong for her to wait maybe 3 or 4 more years until this pandemic is over. How come people think that it is sexist for me to call her names ?? What is so wrong about making her wait a few more years ??

• Elana

No, it's not sexist.

It may be pretty controlling and selfish, but you can be controlling and selfish without being sexist.

People aren't naturally critical, logical thinkers.

They will say unconscious dialogue despite it not making any sense.

To be brutally honest...sexism is probably the lesser of charges that could be leveed against you (after your four solid years of talking about this). 

cause you got mad and called her names