Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

can mold grow on fiberglass insulation?

my mom hired some hack jobs to put siding on the shed in the back and they failed to fix framing/leaks and didn't put metal flashing at the bottom and there is multiple leaks, now my mom hired my friend and she he already put fiberglawss insulation in and my mom didn't believe me about the hack job leaks until it kept raining so my friend put a "french drain" in after I suggested that peat gravel would help but I told my mom that the siding will have to be removed and redone and she doesn't belive me. The hack jobs also put siding on top of rotted sheathing at the bottom in the back without replacing the sheathing and they used a off brack type of tyvek from lowes. What should I tell her, I am going to inherit this mess and have to rip it all out and re-do it all over again when she is dead because she wouldn't listen to me.

YOU are the hack in this equation.

Fixing the framing isn't part of the job of putting up siding. If that needed done, YOU should have had it done before even contacting someone to install siding.

There SHOULD NOT be metal flashing at the bottom of the siding, In fact, that would make any leaking WORSE, by trapping moisture.

If a French drain helped, the excess water is NOT in the wall.

Your mom doesn't believe you because SHE has a clue.

Unless they were hired to fix framing issues, they wouldn’t touch framing. Unless they were hired to replace the sheathing, they wouldn’t replace it. They were hired to install siding. Off brand tyvek? You mean a house wrap made by a different manufacturer? Do you drive a Ford or an off-brand Chevy? If a French drain helped with your leaks, the siding isn’t the problem. What you should tell your mother is that you love her and stop worrying about some stupid ******* siding on a shed. You should also thank her for hiring your friend. If your concern is siding on a shed after she passes, drive off a ******* bridge asshole. 

i wouldnt do that