Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Why do women who are feminists not appreciate men at all?

There are a lot of great men who make great sacrifices in order to provide for their families, are great dads and great husbands, coming home after working 50-60 hours a week and not comparing at all, so his wife can afford to work part time or be a stay at home mom and all they get from feminists is crap about how oppressive they are all and how all men are evil rapists and misogynists. Some women are so unappreciative of what some men do for their families. It makes me sick that these hardcore feminists think that “all men rape” and “all men bad” “all men deserve to die”

Aside from the fact that you seem to view in-home drudgery as a privilege...this hating of men only pertains to a very thin slice of extremists within feminism and certainly isn't the view of most feminists. 

i dont think theyre all like that

I was a stay-at-home mum from 3 months before our first child was born until several years after our last ones (twins) came along.  I had children with a ten year gap between first and last and did not contemplate working outside the home until they were all in full time school or working.  That way I was there to greet them when they arrived home and give and hot cooked dinner that I had made whilst they were out.  There were always clean socks and underwear and neatly ironed school shirts for them etc. 

Children of many working parents at that time seemed to be going home whilst parents were still in work. They were left to make something to eat for themselves e.g. cup-a-soup and toast or a sandwich.  They'd be hunting for clean socks and shirts for the next day etc.  

Most of this is decided on by how much a mum wants to see of the children she bore and, sometimes, is dictated by how urgently that extra pay packet is required. 

I don't regret waiting until all my children were in their teens before contemplating going back to work.  

I've never in my life heard a feminist say "all men rape" and "all men bad" and "all men deserve to die." That's not a feminist. That's a psycho. If you are being told that's what feminists say, you might want to check your sources. Don't believe everything you read on Facebook. 

So weird that I have hung with feminists for decades and heard NONE of them speak that way. Yes, there are some women who hate the males of the species.. that does NOT mean they are feminists. It means they hate men. There are some men who hate women. They aren't called menists. They're just called guys who hate women.