Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Should feminists have to do their fair share of housework or are we living in a new age of entitlement?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Define "fair share".

If "fair share" means "equal" while one partner is doing a lot more of other kinds of work than the other, it really doesn't seem fair in my book.

If one partner is working 14 hours a day and the other is unemployed and they are childless, it seems fair for the unemployed person to be doing the bulk of the housework regardless of the genders involved.

And when you start divvying home tasks up by usual gender, it's amazing how quickly we forget the danger and effort involved in things we foist off on men - cleaning the gutters, snow-blowing, etc.

How often do you see the patriarch in the car during the howling snowstorm talking to his sister while the matriarch is out changing the tire?  How often does the woman go see what the noise was outside while the guy stays in the house calling the police?

The trick is for both partners to agree who does what and do so with a real understanding of what is involved.  Occasionally, they should review chore lists and perhaps revamp them to keep up with changing needs.

The idea of outside partners deciding what "equal" means without an intimate knowledge of what it takes to keep the marriage running is - I'm sorry - goofy.

• liz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What does a person's housework have to do with anyone else?  I'm pretty sure there will never be any laws on this because it's a private matter.

• 1 month ago

"Should feminists have to do their fair share of housework or are we living in a new age of entitlement?"

Of course they should do their fair share.  And they should also be expected to do half of men's housework too instead of only defining traditional women's chores as housework, while ignoring the chores that men do.

Feminists should also bring in half the income as well.  After all, it is them that demand equality when it comes to their rights and privileges.  Unfortunately though, it is always us that needs to remind them that equality also means equality of responsibilities and obligations.

• 1 month ago

When you stop looking at females as the enemy as real men do you will understand that a man and wife are partners in life and not fighting a war about what is a man's job or what is a woman's work.. A real man will step up and do his share and vice versa if they love each other and are in a true union and working together for the common goal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Everybody in a household should do their fair share of housework. Of course, different families will divide their chores differently, 

• 1 month ago

Ha ha, most feminists do, do their fair and unfair share of housework anyway.  Just because feminism exists, doesn't automatically mean that chores magically disappear.

• 1 month ago

When; it comes to the realm of common sense; yes. While, they sit there yipping and yiping the whole thing could have been cleaned up and done. Which, does not mean men should not clean up after themselves especially; in the loo for example. They are far from innocent. Basically; careless. It is always said; you want change; change yourself; don't waste your time changing others. So, they don't like the mess they should clean it up; they don't; they like it. 

• 1 month ago

Does their fair share include cleaning up pee droplets on the bathroom floor because you have bad aim , or flushing the toilet because your to lazy ? How about those hackers you like to spit all over the place , the poo streaks in your underware , hair left in the bathroom sink  your smell because you wont bath  or use dedorant  , your dirty dishes that you cant manage to put in the sink let alone wash them ?

• 1 month ago

I have my 2 wives do all my housework and chores while I sit back and make money. All I do is feed them. I am a mormon.

Source(s): book of mormon
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If men would stop dating them, marrying them, living with them, and taking up female roles when doing all of these things then feminists would have to do housework or live in their own mess. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.