Who can overcome the world like Jesus? ?

Jesus said: "And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 21:7 

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

1 Timothy 6:12 

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Anyone with true faith in Jesus Christ has the potential to successfully overcome the world, the flesh and the devil. But, it's important to remember that the authoritative source of the objective truth of Jesus Christ and the primary dispenser of his saving grace, is and always has been the Holy Catholic Church.

and how did that work out for him

A n y o n e  can 'overcome' the world. 

Ever since christianity began, Jesus Christ 

has been "a v o i d i n g" the world like it was a plague.

There is no such thing as Jesus or God. They are just fictional characters in a book of fairy tales called the Bible.