Jesus was born so that we may go to heaven, that we may overcome the world, the power of sin and be redeemed.  How can we overcome?

Jesus died on the cross and defeated Satan.  We can overcome the world and the power of sin, by believing in Jesus. 

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, that is true. Jesus is the key to salvation.

Only God can open ones spiritual eyes to see the truth. If a person does not believe in God then they are spiritually blind and can not see the truth of God.

The first step to salvation is for the person to open their mind and heart to God and then God will open their eyes and mind to the truth.

2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 - In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

• 1 month ago

Revelation 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

1 Timothy 6:12 

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

• 1 month ago

Obtaining eternal salvation is not a "do it yourself" project. Nor was it ever meant to be. Jesus personally founded and paid for the Holy Catholic Church (with his own blood) so that all might be able to learn the whole truth about him and be saved. The only sure and certain way to overcome the world, the flesh and the devil is through a regular, personal program of prayer and study, along with a lifetime of full, faithful participation in all the work, worship, sacraments and devotions of the Holy Catholic Church. Absent that, you're like a sheep who has been separated from the flock; very easy prey for Satan and his minions, who continue to prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of souls.

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

but see... that is your belief... as much as you believe that, others dont believe.. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Psalm 119:133 — Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.

Romans 12:21 — Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

• 1 month ago

so you like to spray chump

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are a deluded purveyor of lies.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.