Catholics will go to heaven ONLY IF they are born again.  Read John 3. In general, they do not read the Bible, and worship idols.  T or F?

BORN AGAIN IS BEING BAPTIZED, BECAUSE IT ERASES ORIGINAL SIN FROM OUR SOULS. FOR WE INHERITED ORIGINAL SIN NOT KNOWING OF IT, THEREFORE GOD ERASES IT FROM OUR SOULS WITHOUT KNOWING IT ALSO, THAT'S WHY CATHOLICS BAPTIZE BABIES.

PROTESTANTS THINK (WRONGLY) THAT IT HAPPENS WHEN ONE TURNS TO JESUS AND SEEKS FORGIVENESS, IT IS THE SAME GOOD FEELING CATHOLICS GET WHEN THEY GO AND COMPLETE THEIR CONFESSION TO A PRIEST. THEIR SOULS ARE WIPED CLEAN FROM THE STAIN OF SINS WHEN SINCERE AND HUMBLE OF HEART. THEY THINK THAT IS BORN AGAIN, BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE, YOU STILL HAVE TO BE BAPTIZED TO GET INTO HEAVEN AND IT MUST BE WITH WATER, AND IN THE NAME OF "THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. OR YOU WILL HAVE TO BE BAPTIZED ALL OVER AGAIN IF NOT DONE THIS WAY, JESUS HIMSELF STATES THIS IN THE HOLY BIBLE.

JAMES 2:24

ROMANS: 2: 6 &7

GALATIANS 6: 7 TO 9

MATTHEW 12:36 TO 39

MATTHEW :25: 31 TO 46

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED A falsehood REFUTED IN THE HOLY BIBLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJo1OZcLtlA

Youtube thumbnail

• Paul

Obviously. Which is why Catholics are reborn through water and the Spirit - baptized - very soon after birth. Catholics worship no-one but Almighty God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  To worship anyone else would be the sin of idolatry. Why would Catholics not read the Bible, since the New Testament is a collection of early Catholic writings, gathered into a book by the bishops of the Catholic Church. And even if a Catholic didn't read the Bible, they would hear several readings from the Bible every time they attend Mass.

Every house that has a cross on the wall or any religious art is guilty of idolatry.

• User

Statement by statement...

1) Catholics will go to heaven ONLY IF they are born again.

True.

2) In general, they do not read the Bible

I don't know if that's true or not

but

I do know that Catholics read more from the Bible during Sunday church services than almost any other denomination's services that I've attended (and I've attended services for dozens of different denominations).

Remember: for most of the history of Christianity, most Christians ***could not read at all***. In the early centuries of Christianity ***there was no such thing as a Bible***. Catholicism dates to a time before the typical Christian was literate, and so they read the Bible to their congregation (over a period of three years, very rough estimate: about 60% of the Bible ***for those who attend Catholic "Mass" daily***) rather than *insisting* that their congregation read the Bible.

Nevertheless, they do ***recommend*** that their people read the Bible. They *promote* the individual reading of the Bible in various ways. They just aren't very insistent about it.

3) and worship idols.

False.

Please allow me to clarify:

Catholics believe that they do not worship idols.

It seems to me

that if I were worshiping an idol

that I would know it. That is: I would KNOW that I was worshiping it. Worship is a VOLUNTARY act, a CONSCIOUS act.

If they believe that they are NOT worshiping

then I have to agree with them.

Whatever it is that they are doing

if THEY don't think it's worship

then neither do I.

Holy Baptism, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, is being born again, of water and the Holy Spirit and that's something which has been universally practiced by Catholics, since the earliest days of the Christian Church. Any Catholic who regularly worships at Mass knows the Bible as well as anybody, since the written Word of God is proclaimed at every Mass, every day of the year, in virtually every nation on earth, as it has been since ancient times. I started reading the Bible when I was five years of age and have always maintained a deep appreciation for the inerrant, infallible, Holy Spirit inspired, written Word of God. As for idols: Catholics knew Jesus personally, while he still walked the earth. They didn't just read about him in a book. Knowing Jesus as well as we do, we know precisely who he is and exactly what he looks like. Only a damn fool would choose to worship a graven image (or an idol of any kind) when they know Jesus Christ as well as we Catholics do. As for Heaven: Jesus is the only authoritative judge of souls and I'm 100% at peace with that. 

complete and utter claptrap kid

That is true. 

Every Catholic's dependence on routines, proclamations,

and parables that contain promises of physical rewards that

will never occur in spiritual kingdoms, is what proves their ‘savior’

to be a con artist and keeps them from realizing something other

than a biblical god to be an inarguable and creative force. 

For a Catholic to be born "again" = No great shakes. 

The rest of us will make it to Heaven because we did not forsake God's greatness for the trite little rewards that his son offers.

Correct! Only people who are born again will enter heaven. It seems that the Catholic dogma is that they have to live a good life and do good deeds and pray the rosary etc., etc., however this is missing the mark.

It appears in Revelation that the Lord describes the Catholic church as "Mother of harlots" and it also appears that the false prophet who will appear during the coming Great Tribulation we be the Pope in office at the time. He will make a pact with the Antichrist and the Beast and this will form the satanic trinity.

The teaching of the Catholic church is not in line with those in the Bible and as such, unless the followers of the Catholic church come the Lord's way, they won't be admitted to heaven and no one wants to see that happen yet the Lord holds them accountable as He does us all is it's everyone's responsibility to "search the Scriptures" as the Lord has made them available to us all.

Source(s): King James Bible, Bible Teacher, Born again

True. That's true of Catholics and everyone else too. NO ONE is Saved except through the of Acceptance Christ as his or her personal Savior - PERIOD.

False. Thanks for playing. Glad I could help.