How many people are in Hell?

If anyone can do complex math, please calculate this. Add all people who have ever lived and died, and subtract all who honestly have believed in Jesus. It would seem that the natural destination of a human is Hell, and that only divine intervention can prevent this. That is, if John 3:16 is a true statement...

Update:

Some say there is no Hell below us, above us only sky...

Update 2:

Law shmaw...what about Hell?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No one is in "hell" ie The Lake of Fire yet because no one is sent to The Lake of Fire till after the Great White Throne Judgement.

All will have a place in Heaven to await Judgement.

If you read Luke 16:26, you will find that those who do evil and repent not of their sins await Judgement on the other side of the Great Gulf.

Luke 16:26 “And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.”

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No-one can know the mind of God, so no-one can know the answer to this question.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they dont have a census

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most people add works to salvation, which means that most people reject John 3:16, and that is why most people go to hell.  We are all bad people.  Everybody is a sinner.  To avoid the lake of fire, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.  That easy.  It is too late to be saved, after death.  Here is what you need to believe: The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and He loves you.  Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell.  So to avoid hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is that easy.  When a person dies, they will be in heaven or hell, and they can't get out of hell if that is where they go.  To go to heaven and not go to hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your works.  Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all our sins, and who resurrected from the dead.  See Romans 4:5 and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mintee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hell is not open yet.. it only opens upon judgement day when all souls gather before God to be judged.. it hasnt happened yet... so Hell isnt open yet.. I suppose (just my theory, is that souls are kept in a state of suspension until such the time that God ends the world and we are all judged) 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A lot!! I don't know why anyone would want to go there! (I'm talking about you, non Christians!)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is easy to figure out how many people are in hell. 

Start listing all of the morons throughout history who have 

claimed to be a messiah, a family relation to God, and the 

'only way to Heaven', and then add Jesus Christ to the total. 

Voila!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's true. I can't do the calculations because I am not omniscient. I will say one thing. Hell IS the natural destination. It's everyone's destiny. Only those who accept Jesus Christ avoid it because God offers his protection to those who seek it. They seek his protection.

• 2 months ago

zero since hell only exists in the twisted religious mindset  chump

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Romans 2:12

King James Bible

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.