Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How many believers actually read the Bible?

I heard (second hand) a recent poll of people who professed to be born again Christians living in the USA, only 18% say they read their Bibles on a regular basis.

In my experience, not very many.  Most Atheists know the bible, or any other so called holy book better than those that believe.  Fact.

IVE BEEN THROUGH IT TWO OR 3 TIMES.

• Paul

Many do, but there is no way of knowing an actual number or percentage.

2 Timothy 2:15 

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: If you are a true believer of God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior you will do the will of God and the will of God is to be obedient to God holy word the bible and to spread God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior holy word the bible throughout the entire world so that some might become saved by God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior holy word the bible only. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, and the word of God is God's holy word the bible. All who truly believe in God's holy word the bible will read God's holy word and do the will of God, the rest will do the will of Satan and sin. Read Matthew 6:24, read 2 Corinthians 4:4, read Ephesians 4:18, read Jeremiah 17:9, read Romans 1:17-32, read 2 Thessalonians 2:3-14, read Colossians 2:13, read Ephesians 2:1-10, read Psalm 51:17, read Acts 4:12

Source(s): King James holy bible
  • Mintee

im a believer and I read the Quran.... 

• BJ

Reminds me of time, talking to a lady at door, she said she read the Bible everyday, she went & got her Bible, there was so much dust on the cover you could see her fingerprints. 

That's the way it is on YA.

I obviously can't speak for others, but I read it every day.

Do you know where you are going when you die? The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

Based on how little they actually 'know' 

along with all of the "feel good" t-shirt sayings 

and conjecture that they settle for = Not too many.