Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Atheists, would you take the Saint Louis De Montfort challenge?

He wrote;

“Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly everyday you will be converted and will amend your life and will save your soul, if– and mark well what I say– if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins.“

St. Louis de Montfort

So he says “even if you have one foot in hell”, I’d start a devotion to the holy rosary you will amend your life

Update:

If you start

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Drives atheists and even agnostics further away from God!   Religious intolerance is the devils work!!!!!!!!!!

• Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Selling damnation and false hopes is quite common for those who believe they have chosen correctly in the gods and have made the grade. 

• 1 month ago

No. How does repeating something over and over provide a reliable means of 'knowing the truth'? It could convince one that what one is saying is true, whether it is actually true or not. The way to demonstrate the truth of any claim is with evidence. I don't know why a god would have a problem providing some, and need to rely on what seems to be a brainwashing technique instead. I think that says a lot.

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

but that is only St Louis's belief... He could be wrong.. you have to entertain the thought that he might not be right.. there are thousands of other beliefs in the world that feel theirs is right and yours is wrong... 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

so

basically another Christian bigot threatening people who don't believe in his myth

as

no proof of any god has been provided

• Misty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, your fairy tales are laughable.

• KennyB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A variation of Pascal's Wager - a bet that I have declined on numerous occasions.  Simplistically, if the probability for a reward is in fact zero, it does matter if you sacrifice all the life you have for a non-existant reward.

As an ancillary thought, I note that if there is a probability for your god disliking the rational for your behavioral choice, then you have to weigh more than one infinite expectance values.

To answer your question then, no I would not take the challenge.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The rosary is completely useless, and so is the challenge.

Mary never asked to be prayed to,

venerated, or made an active 'request line' for

anyone or anything that resides in christ-based faith or its bible.

Considering that Islam was established 

before the Rosary was ever concocted, it will 

never matter how many times anyone habitually recites 

and complies with such a worthless and non-intuitive fixation. 

Religious rituals and routines, are simply ... rituals and routines. 

God removed Louis De Montfort from this world as soon 

as He could, and with the perfection of His own good reasons.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  What a waste of time!

Repeating some superstitious nonsense is utterly pointless!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.