Christians only: What is your opinion about orthodox Jews rule of only having one, long, specific way of praying?

The reason I am asking Christians is because I know many Christians believe in simple prayer from the heart, not having fixed words, for God knows what we need before we ask Him. I also am a Reform Jew and highly agree with this Christian viewpoint. 

I have no problem with joining a synagogue to pray, but saying the prayers must be said one way with hundreds of rules like now here, say this then, say these three words, etc. like the orthodox do I DO have a problem with. I believe lengthy prayers that are fixed have no true meaning, and we aren't really talking to God if we do this multiple times every day.

Btw I was temporarily a Christian but went back to Judaism. Yet I DO agree with the Christian teaching that long prayers lead to the greatest condemnation. I'm not saying all orthodox Jews are literally condemned, but rather they are being blessed much less when they make praying robotic from the words of other men.

Thanks in advance. God bless you all.

P.S. Again, this question is ONLY for Christian's. Any individual who views my question as judgemental or hateful, I am not being those things, I am simply stating my opinion. And to these people, if you want to throw insults at me like "you are not Jewish" or "you are a disgrace to Judaism," don't bother answering, this question is NOT intended for you. Peace.

Matthew 6:5,7 

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are : for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. [7] But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do : for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

I would worry about your prayer and not about theirs> Do you say the simple prayers you so admire? Oaky, then do the other prayers as a Charity to other Jews. God would approve that

That's a good idea asking Christians only since they're superstitious like you.

• "But as many as received Him, to them gave He (((POWER))) [Received after Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5;8]  (((TO BECOME SONS OF GOD,))) even to them that (((BELIEVE ON HIS NAME:))) 

Which were born ["AGAIN" John 3:5-7], not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man [I Peter 1:23], but of GOD" (John 1:12-13).

"For by ONE SPIRIT were we ALL baptized into One body..." (I Corinthians 12:13).

BY HIS (((POWER))) [ACTS 1:8] AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM [ACTS 1:5] ARE RECEIVE "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I CORINTHIANS 12:7-10) AND "SIGNS FOLLOWING" (MARK 16:17-18) WHICH INCLUDES "TONGUES" (I COR 12:10) THAT CATHOLICS CALL "MUMBO JUMBO" OR THE LIKE THAT ONLY A (((FEW))) EVEN BELIEVE 

WHICH (((DISQUALIFIES))) ANY AND ALL (((CATHOLICS))) WITH UNBELIEF IN "TONGUES" FROM BEING "SONS OF GOD" WHO ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS (I CORINTHIANS 12:11-13).

Therefore the PREREQUISITE for even becoming a Christian is HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (I Corinthians 12:13); Otherwise catholics remain "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22) and ANYONE ELSE who hasn't meet the PREREQUISITE of Holy Spirit baptism!  

"GOD IS NOT THE GOD OF THE DEAD" (Mark 12:27).

Consequently, when "The prayers of the righteous availeth much" (James 5:16),

YOUR (((DEAD SPIRITS))) PRAYERS ARE "NOT ANSWERED" 

YOU'RE JUST CONFUSING "GOD RAINING ON THE JUST AND THE UNJUST" (MATTHEW 5:45) WITH GOD ANSWERING YOUR PRAYERS!

THUS SAITH THE LORD:

"And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood" (Isaiah 1:15).

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation" (Matthew 23:14)!

"Pray without ceasing" (I Thessalonians 5:17) FROM THE HEART (Matthew 5:48)!

LOOK AT ALL THAT ***MAN*** MADE SHYT CATHOLICS TEACH CHILDREN!

I AIN'T (((NEVER))) SEEN JESUS GIVE A "SIGN OF THE CROSS."

The Sign of the Cross

The Sign of the Cross is the most basic Catholic prayer, though we don't often think of it that way. We should teach our children to say it with reverence before and after their other prayers.

The most common problem that children have in learning the Sign of the Cross is using their left hand instead of their right; the second most common is touching their right shoulder before the left. While the latter is the correct way for Eastern Christians, both Catholic and Orthodox, to make the Sign of the Cross, Latin Rite Catholics make the Sign of the Cross by touching their left shoulder first.

02

of 10

The Our Father [FULFILLED ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST; MATTHEW 16:28]

We should pray the Our Father daily with our children. It's a good prayer to use as a short morning or evening prayer. Pay close attention to how your children pronounce the words; there are a lot of opportunities for misunderstandings and mispronunciations, such as "Howard be thy name."

03

of 10

The Hail Mary [PRAYING TO A DEAD WOMAN; ECCLESIASTES 9:5]

Children naturally gravitate to the Virgin Mary, and learning the Hail Mary early makes it easier to foster devotion to Saint Mary and to introduce longer Marian prayers, such as the Rosary. One useful technique for teaching the Hail Mary is for you to recite the first part of the prayer (through "the fruit of thy womb, Jesus") and then have your children respond with the second part ("Holy Mary").

04

of 10

The Glory Be [WHAT THE HELL WITH A "SIGN OF A CROSS?"]

The Glory Be is a very simple prayer that any child who can make the Sign of the Cross can easily memorize. If your child has trouble remembering which hand to use when making the Sign of the Cross (or which shoulder to touch first), you can get some extra practice in by making the Sign of the Cross while reciting the Glory Be, as Eastern Rite Catholics and Eastern Orthodox do.

05

of 10

An Act of Faith ["ACT OF FAITH?" WHEN FAITH BELONGS TO GOD HEB 12:2?]

Acts of Faith, Hope, and Charity are common morning prayers. If you help your children memorize these three prayers, they will always have a short form of morning prayer at their disposal for those days when they don't have time to pray a longer form of morning prayer.

06

of 10

An Act of Hope ["HOPE?" YOU ARE "MOST MISERABLE" I COR 15:19]

An Act of Hope is a very good prayer for school-aged children. Encourage your children to memorize it so that they can pray the Act of Hope before taking a test. While there is no substitute for study, it is good for students to realize that they don't have to rely on their own strength alone.

07

of 10

An Act of Charity ["CHARITY?" LOVE IS BY THE HOLY GHOST RM 5:5]

Childhood is a time filled with deep emotions, and children often suffer real and perceived slights and injuries at the hands of friends and classmates. While the primary purpose of an Act of Charity is to express our love for God, this prayer is also a daily reminder to our children to try to develop forgiveness and love toward others.

08

of 10

The Act of Contrition ["CONFESSION?" IS MADE "TO GOD" PSALM 32:3-5]

The Act of Contrition is an essential prayer for the Sacrament of Confession, but we should also encourage our children to say it every evening before they go to sleep. Children who have made their First Confession should also make a quick examination of conscience before saying the Act of Contrition.

09

of 10

Grace Before Meals [FROM YOUR HEART; I TIM 4:4-5]

Instilling a sense of gratitude in our children can be especially hard in a world where many of us have an overabundance of goods. Grace Before Meals is a good way to remind them (and ourselves!) that everything we have comes ultimately from God. (Consider adding the Grace After Meals to your routine as well, to cultivate a sense of thanksgiving as well as to keep those who have died in our prayers.)

10

of 10

The Guardian Angel Prayer [PRAYING TO ANGELS? COLOSSIANS 2:18]

As with devotion to the Virgin Mary, children seem predisposed toward belief in their guardian angel. Cultivating that belief when they are young will help to protect them from skepticism later on. As children grow older, encourage them to supplement the Guardian Angel Prayer with more personal prayers to their guardian angel.

THUS SAITH THE LORD:

Source(s): LEARN RELIGION : "Ten Prayers Every Catholic Child Should Know"

Long prayers, short prayers, prayers from the heart, impassioned pleas and other forms of spiritual expression are all valid forms of prayer, as long as they are addressed to the one, true God. There are times when prepared prayers that have long ago been committed to memory, can shine like the sun. Other times, a word or two is all that's necessary. The key thing is to pray always and everywhere. It also helps immensely to be a member of the Catholic Church, an adopted child of God, a living temple of the Holy Spirit, an immortal citizen of Heaven, marked for salvation and a co-heir with Jesus Christ, to all the promises of God. All those things and more are available free to all, through the Sacrament of Holy Baptism, without which, a great miracle might be required for your eternal salvation.  

• In the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus revealed a lot about the proper way to pray

“He advanced a little and fell prostrate in prayer, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matthew 26:39) “Withdrawing a second time, he prayed again, “My Father, if it is not possible that this cup pass without my drinking it, your will be done!” (Matthew 26: 42) “He left them and withdrew again and prayed a third time, saying the same thing again.” (Matthew 26:44)

As you’ll notice, Jesus prayed three times in the Garden, and each time he prays the same prayer. His words are heartfelt and intense. They are not empty babble, the repeating of the same prayer emphasizes the intensity of the prayer of Christ to the Father. So, Christ himself clearly performed repetitive prayer

Jesus’ rebuke of the Pharisees is that they did not pray from the heart (babblling). What is going on in our heart while we are praying?  Repetitive prayer can show a surge of intensity, a surge of the heart