Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 month ago

I have an job interview with an engineering Plant today. What are some things i should do to impress ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

I have been somewhat impressed by a candidate who has taken the time to look up journal articles written by our employees and then study the current issues of the field as recorded in a year's worth of periodicals.  If you don't know already what we're working on, it will take us more time to train you.

Of course, if your job opportunity is more closely related to facility maintenance, there would be different criteria.

• 1 month ago

Honesty is always number one on the list.  Telling folks what you think they WANT to hear - particularly if your are shooting a line of bull - is a guaranteed loser position.

• Who
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

depends what the job IS

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What are you talking about?  There is no such thing as an "engineering plant".  You can impress by learning the English language.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

being kind and look smart

• 1 month ago

One thing which may come up is PAR statements.

These are statements of Problem, Action and Result.

Problem which you corrected and how.

These can be from work or even outside of work. they can be from any job you had.

If you think about them you have a million of them.

Write them down and take the list with you.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A highly skilled mentor.

• 1 month ago

I find it hard to believe you don't have a CV that is impressive enough. I assume you have all ready done some research to know something about the company and what they do. As someone has already said, "Just be your self."

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

come off as willing to be a team player, punctual, understanding, and a hard worker. 

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would suggest you are totally yourself.

But also be respectful of their position, their time, and their need for a qualified technical person. Let them know if you are excited about any aspects of the job. The 1st interview is their evaluation of you, but a 2nd interview is your chance to interview them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.