Songs for 50th Anniversary? ?

My parents 50th Anniversary is next month and I am looking for some good songs to play at their party for them. Preferably older music such as 50's and 60's. Any help is appreciated. TIA! 

• mars

The Beatles- Twist And Shout, Elvis- Can't Help Falling In Love, The Moody Blues- Nights In White Satin, Orleans- Still The One, The Diamonds- The Stroll:

https://youtu.be/aEGMm0Dgsbs

Youtube thumbnail

Our fiftieth will be in 2023 - and we are career musicians.  The advice to look at Billboard and other ratings is good.  But do not leave out music on *either side* in years.  We like Blood Sweat and Tears, and Chicago - "You Made Me So Very Happy" could be a theme for your folks!  and Motown - we are at "Not Too Proud to Beg" in NYC a while back,and the 2 of us were seated among a group of black lades from Baltimore who had come up on a church day-trip.  After us singing along with the music,  got more than one approving look v=for being The White Lady who knew ALL the word; at a back-out cut-off of the song WAR, since I had closed my eyes - I was the white gal who shouted MERCY! in a silent theater - thank goodness, a couple of other people did, too . .  .    You have a VERY rich course of music to build a playlist from.  Easiest way - find somebody in their seventies who is still grooving to this stuff - and probably has the LPs in their basement.  Or find a Rhino Records to The Vinyl Resting Place - or even a thrift shop - that has what you need. 

• P.L.

Just listen to lots of songs from that era and pick out the ones that appeal to you.  On the other hand you could ask your parents for the titles of songs that they both liked to listen to together in their early days together.

this is the most recent and timeless thing that came to my mindhttps://youtu.be/vBHild0PiTE

Youtube thumbnail

• Emdog

so they were married in 1971, right? You could look for Billboard top 100 week by week or whatever and make a list up of just songs from that year. I made a DVD of just songs from years in high school for a 50th reunion (Sept 64-June 68). Amazing result... hit random and let it roll.

You light up my life.  May I have this dance.

Check out:

What a beautiful day- Chris Cagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afhxhjraPE8

Youtube thumbnail

He actually mentions a 50 year anniversary in the song!  We used it in a slide show for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.

• angie

The Look of Love, L is for the way you Look at me, The Wanderer, Venus in her hair, 

I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher.   It came out in 1965 which was 55 years ago which might be right when they first met or started dating.    Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof.   It is about having kids and them getting married.