Spyro
Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

Who was/is better overall: Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho?

It is a very tough comparison.

I respect both men.

Both are amazing in ring workers, both charismatic as hell and both were great at being a face and heel which is hard to do.

They are different in their own ways, Jericho I would call the more technical of the 2, however in terms of the entertainment side of things I feel HBK could rile up a crowd like nobody else.

It is bloody tough one and I think personal preference comes into it and as much as I love Jericho I have gotta say Shawn Michaels for the sole reason that without Michaels there probably wouldn't of been a Jericho, Michaels was so crucial to the industry, I rate them so equal in terms of in ring ability, charisma and work ethic but I value Michaels impact and legacy more.

As I said though it's down to preference really.

• Adam

God that's a hard question...

Both similar level in the ring.

Jericho gets extra credit because he's achieved big success in WWE and AEW.

HBK gets extra credit as in my top 10 matches of all time, HBK's in 3 of them and Jericho's in 0.

Been sitting here 2 minutes trying to think of an answer and every time i think it's HBK, I think but Jericho achieved this. Then when i write Jericho then wonder HBK did this... I think both in their peak, HBK is the better overall. However because of their careers. I'll give it to Jericho. The fact that Jericho is still a top level talent, still at a really high level and he took the gamble and became the face of AEW despite being able to have a comfortable living in WWE. I think he's achieved more across his career and his impact on AEW will continue to impact the business for years to come.