Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

is this manipulation?

my friend was really upset and being stabdoffish and so the next day I was texting her trying to make her feel better and I told her we should go outside and get some sun since she’d been cooped up in her dark room all day and she went off on me and told me that she didn’t owe me any explanation and that just because I didn’t workout every day doesn’t mean I should shame her for not wanting to go outside and I felt really bad that she took it that way so I brought her a smoothie but she told me she didn’t want it and now she is telling everyone that I called her pale????? 

I'd say this is not manipulation, if it was manipulation she'd be trying to use you to get something, but it just sounds like she's in a bad mood (might be that time of the month so don't hold it against her) if she's usually not like this then I'd say just let her cool down for a few days, ask how she's doing after that and then go on as normal

hope you guys sort it out, you sound like a good friend so i doubt it's anything to do with you, but again, it might not be her fault either. good luck bud

• R.j.

She do not sound like a very good friend

If you're begging the question than its likely so zxjkdcm

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

You got her a smoothie? What are you her slave? You're treating her like she's your spoilt child.

• P.L.

My suggestion is that you forget the conversation ever took place.

No. manipulation would be her trying to get you to do something you don't want to do or you trying to make her do something she doesn't want to do

• Sandy

let her cool off for a few days. whatever is bothering her, she'll tell you when she's ready. 

Manipulation is for hot girls

I'd leave her to stew in her own juice for a while.  Don't know if it's manipulation but it sounds like she's in a bad mood and wants to verbally beat someone up and unfortunately you were her first choice.  Just back off and leave her to suck up to you later on when she cheers up.  You will keep the moral high ground.  She decided to take your trying to cheer her up as some sort of insult which it wasn't and now she's showing off to others to gain attention.  You offered her friendship and got rebuffed so you are just keeping quiet until she calms down.  If she never comes back as a friend (she will) - then she's not worth keeping.  If she does try sneaking back into your affections you can let her grovel a bit until you both go back to normal.  I wouldn't say anything about it to her.  I'd be 'surprised' when she calls but polite and pleasant.  Let her make the running in future.

*just because I workout every day