Anonymous

My brothers friend molested him 11 years ago. Should I take action now?

This was 11 years ago. Thy were both 12, and I was 15-16. Our friend was staying the night, and my brither woke up with him zipping his pants down. My mom emediatly took him home. Dont know if his parents where notified. My brither hasn't talked to him since. I talked to him a little bit, and was actually sort of friends with him about 4 years ago, but then stopped talking to him, because if what he did to my brother. And due to the fact he refuses to apologize, and admit it happened. 

In 2011, he broke into someone's house, and said he wanted to have sex, but when fhe person said no, he started destroying stuff. I'm pretty sure he got caught and face reprecautions, but im not 100% sure. Thats just what i heard.. Should I do anything now? Im friends with him on Facebook, and was gonna try in get him to admit he did it. Actually, I was somewhat nice to him up to 2 years ago, then started ignoring him.

• Cogito

No - you mind your own business.  And just unzipping someone doesn't constitute a sexual attack.  He stopped short of that.  

Unfortunately, people can't go to jail or be punished by courts for crimes they committed as children...

HOWEVER, if and when in the future someone contacts and confides in you about what this abuser did to them (i.e. break into their house, threatening them to have sex with him and destroying stuff) then yes you absolutely could take him to court and the judges would most likely take the molestation case in the past into consideration.

DON'T be friends with this guy. He's done enough to your brother and who's to say he won't try anything on you? What you could do is investigate him while secretly pretending to be his friend. That way, maybe someone will warn you not go get to close to him because what happened to them. If this happens, you can ask this person to testify in court with you.

It can be a long, painstaking process, but it can still be done with enough planning and precision. If you do decide to be his fake friend for investigation's sake, do not let it slip at any time or become suspicious in any way. Be on guard with him at all times, never get d drunk or do drugs around him, or anything else that could impair your judgement. 

and what exactly is going to change now?? too late. both children doing this, nothing will happen anyways...

There's no statute of limitation regarding this at all zx

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Willie

Remember they were kids, and maybe they both wanted to experience sex, so they would know what to expect in the future.

Let your brother be your guide on this one. Of course the statute of limitations on this have probably expired and as the friend was a small child at the time it's not like he'd face any adult consequences now. But your brother is an adult now so let him decide whether he wants to rehash this (just to have some confirmation one supposes as this is no longer a legal matter). 

You CAN'T take action.  You were not/are not a party to the abuse.  It's just that simple.  But if someone does take "action," here's YOUR problem - you are AWARE of the abuse AND you were friends with the abuser until 4 years ago, 7 years after the abuse happened.  You DO know you are a co-conspirator, right?

did he enjoy it...................

• T J

He needs some mental help. Forget about him.