Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 3 months ago

What is the benefits in getting an external GPU for my laptop?

I am thinking of getting an external graphics card enclosure and a GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card to put inside the enclosure. My laptop supports usb-c so there's no problem in that regard. What are the benefits and how much of  a difference will it make? My current graphics card installed in my laptop is a GeForce GTX 1050 and It's pretty much impossible to remove as you would know. I have a 500GB SSD and 16GB RAM that helps with the tasks I do on my laptop but it's not enough especially when I games and watch sports. 

For an optional question to answer, what will happen to my current graphics card if I do get a external one? Will they both work at the same time or what?

Best computer services provider https://lanet.help/

• ?

If you can't figure out what the benefits of having a more powerful external graphics is, then maybe you don't need one. Somethings are just too F'ing obvious