Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Is there anything wrong with my online girlfriend sending me an EDD debit card?

I'm 32, unemployed, have Asperger's and live with my parents.  I get SSI that only allows me to have a limited amount of money in my bank account.  I met a girl on Instagram who lives in CA and I live in PA.  She wants to come to me but I already got in trouble with my parents for sending money and my SSN to another girl I met online who lives in TX.  She told me that because I can't give her money she wants to mail me an EDD debit card with her friend's name on it so I can activate it and get money to send her so she can come to me.  All she needs is my home address so she can mail the card.  I'm worried because I don't know if I'm committing some kind of crime by doing that.

No.  She said the money wouldn't be coming out of my bank account.

She's 29.

She is an out of work stylist due to the pandemic.

• garry

so you want money for nothing do you , 

You already sent some stranger your SSN and money--and now you want to do it again. How many times does this have to happen before you learn not to send money OR your personal information over the net to ANYONE?  You are either really clueless or very very stupid. For crying out loud--have your parents manage your  money for you--because you have NO CLUE how to do it. 

Do you deliberately play a scamming game? There is no such thing as needing money to approach you. Let me tell you this:  ask her address and pretend to go to her place. Observe her reaction.  If not being immediately available, just go on playing for a while for fun. That's easy to distinguish a scammer. 

• Eva

You really do have trouble figuring out when you're being scammed. Yes it's illegal to do anything with someone else's card.  She's not coming to you. Don't give her your address or any more personal information.

• Judy

If it's ok for you to do, why doesn't SHe just use the card to get the money herself?

Looks like our little horny autistic retard is looking for sex. Well, you’ll be getting plenty of butt sex in prison for fraud. 

He’s a troll. He’s asked this question before. 

You are being scammed again......

• Allot of edd fraud going on. You activate a stolen card, they receive funds, you receive criminal charges. I'm guessing they stealing people identitys getting cards mailed to suckers willing to activate the cards then they receive funds from the suckers. They make off with the money you face criminal charges. 

If the EDD debit card is not yours it is a crime for you to use it.  They take your ID and most stores have a camera at the register.

Chances are it is not her friend's card either...it is stolen...making it even MORE of a crime.

So you are 32.  I believe that...this girl...first of all...if she is over 18 she should have a job and a way to get money to visit you.  At the very least he 'friend' can use the card to get gas money and drive her over.

If she is under 18 you should not be encouraging her.  Break off communications immediately...either she is way too young for you or she is a police office trying to arrest you.

Cut off communications, now, you are being scammed.  You are about the be set up for a crime, too.

• ?

"She" is probably a guy scamming you for your money...