Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

What do you think of America being number one in green energy?

Is it good or bad?

Probably not True.

• kswck2

Right now it is a pipe dream. And destroying an economy to make good on it is criminal to say the least. 

I think that would be great. I won't live to see it but I hope my great great great grandchildren enjoy it. 

I think its incorrect.  The US is 9th:

1- Iceland

2- Norway

3- Kenya

4- Uruguay

5- Sweden

6- Germany

7- China

8- UK

9- USA

• Maxi

I think you are wishful thinking....... the USA is one of the worse in the 1st world countries

• W

In the long term it is probably good, but fossil fuels will never go away completely. It will be more like 'green energy' (better known as 'renewable') will gradually take over more and more and fossils fuels will be less. I put solar panels on my roof and cut my electricity bill to nearly nothing.

The day we are the world example of green energy (and that is wishful) it might snow in Hades, although - most of our indulgence really benefits princes of the Middle East so I don't understand what the obsession is with non-sustainable energy... 

If we were to go independent on that it would truly be an "America first" action and that is the most mind-boggling part since the MAGA weirdos are so obsessed with draining and indulging everything to the point where they can't even understand how preserving the climate is *Gasp!* preserving The United States...

I mean think about Yellowstone, et cetera...

Protecting the environment is protecing our environment.

I see (I read) the MAGA weirdos talk about how overpriced, expensive phones are made in '3rd-world s********,' and I'll give them one nod... that yea the sky in China is bad a lot and they actually have dudes solely in charge of trying to curb the polution... shutting down factories and making arrests IMMEDIATELY if they don't have a permit to operate.

How is that and why should that be different here... IF we're so much better than them?

I saw a commercial by Ford the other about a fully-electric (among other models) Mustang... and it was kinda cool... and I say "kinda" because I know there are ignorant maniacs who - might not like it's new shape. :-p

• Embery

I heat my house with oil. How the hell are you going to green that?