Anonymous

Can I attend Uni only 2/3 times a week if I'm a full time student?

I'm doing computer science next year and want to cut down on travel.

• Tavy

U.K. Answer you have to attend lectures . They might be every day or several times a week.

You don't choose.

Choose your  Uni, choose your course and look at the syllabus.

• ?

It depends on the availability of seating and when the courses are offered. My sister went 3 days per week (4 classes each)  and did online courses for the rest.

That depends on how many times the classes meet.  It's not your choice.

"Uni" means you're in the UK, right? I don't know how those universities work. In most US universities, you can choose classes that only meet on Tues/Thurs or MWF. That can be difficult the first couple of years, when sections fill quickly. But you can try. 

• MS

It's possible, but it depends on the course schedule offered by your university and how well that matches up with the courses that you need.  As you progress farther in your degree, the courses you need are more specialized and there tend to be fewer sections of them offered so you have fewer options and less choice about when to attend. 

• John

Its possible, but it depends on which courses you need and when they are offered.  I once went full time on only Tuesdays and Thursdays, while carrying 15 credits. I had 3 courses each day, with a different evening class each night.  I thought it would be nice, but I didn't enjoy it.

If you get a job using that tactic are you then going show up for work 2/3 times a week to cut down on travel. You either apply yourself 100% to gain self discipline and confidence or forget it.

• DON W

Sure.  It depends upon which courses you need to take and when they are offered.  The school usually doesn't care which days you are there.

In the US, many courses are offered Monday/Wednesday/Friday, making it difficult to compress your schedule.  At the graduate level, most courses are offered one day (often in the evening) a week--but that's for masters students.

Be aware that the more you compress courses into only a few days, the more difficult those days will be.

Take a look at the courses you think you will be taking next year.  Then look at the schedule of classes showing when they are offered.  That will give you at least an idea of what your options will be for next year.