Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

How can I fix this damage to my wooden door in my apartment ?


Can I ask my landlord to fix it?

Attachment image

6 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    You had better notify your landlord.  You can't fix it.  If the landlord wants to try, he will probably fill it, sand it, stain it, clear coat it and - that would be it, but the whole door will likely have to be lightly sanded and then stained and clear coated.  Second coats too, of course.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    "Landlord"  The door belongs to HIM.  He won't.  He is leaving it right now because he does not have a spare door from another unit.  He can fix it. He knows how.  It is not important.   It is what it is.  He has to paint it after the repair.

  • R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You don't. The door has to be replaced.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    That damage can't be 'fixed' the door needs replacing

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    That is not something you can fix on your own. The door will have to be replaced. 

  • 1 month ago

    It's a cheap hollow, interior door. You will have to replace it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.