Kitty asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

Breeding bettas?

I have a half-moon male, a platinum male, and a veiltail female. I've only bred bettas once (male veiltail and female crowntail), and I believe that the eggs weren't fertilized. I'd like to try again, but I'm not sure if I can successfully breed the HM or the platinum with the veiltail. Will I be successful in this, or will I just need to get a veiltail male?

Unfortunately, both the platinum and female passed away. I ended up getting a dragon half-moon female off of Ebay, which might be pretty risky..but she's in good shape and she seems very sweet and curious about everything. 

Idk what these other answers are saying, but if you're asking if you can crossbreed, then yes, you can. You might get weird tail shapes, and they may be at higher risk for diseases, but you can. 

There is no market for half-breed betta strains, what do you plan to do if you have 500 fish that all need separate tanks, that you cant sell to pet stores, and you cant ship because overnight shipping is not really a thing right now?