Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

have u been on a diet and not lost weight ?

• Amanda

Yes because diets are temporary and scams. They don’t actually teach you long term successful in weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight. They’re typically scams that don’t work and just want your money. They’re usually not even healthy. This is why you see a liscense Dietitan who can teach you how to eat healthy and lose weight, but also teaches you how to maintain a healthy weight. I tried diets for three years and couldn’t lose ****. I went to a Dietian in July and lost 25 pounds. 

If you have the best ideas, but don't take action, it will be a waste of time and mental energy. It's important to spend the majority of your time actually doing something that will help you achieve your desired results. Consistent action is the key. You can't lose weight by exercising once a week or reducing your food portion once a month. Daily consistent action is required

The first thing you need to realize is that nothing will change until your behavior changes. Visualization and positive self-talk have their place, but they're only effective if your behavior changes. You can try to wish your way to a new Rolls Royce, or to make a million dollars by aligning your chakras with the universe, but it won't happen unless you're actually doing something different. You can't lose weight by reading about weight loss without actually taking action. You need to understand that a consistent change in your behavior is the key to real change.

• ?

I lost weight successfully and kept the weight off for over 14 years by counting calories.  I ate about 2100 Calories per day and lost weight.  Eat meat and fat and as few carbohydrates as possible.  I quit counting calories after seven months but kept the same eating regimen.  My BMI is 22.

yes, sorry I need to add more to post.  Yes some diets are shite, it was only by tracking my calories I lost weight not following some bullshit diet that claimed to tell me what I could eat.

Exactly what that person said. It's not magic and it's not some unfair thing you can't have. Count your calories. 

No because I keep track of my calories and know my limits (I eat below my TDEE). 

Source(s): 5'3", 105 lb. Highest weight was 148.