how do i confront the australian government for trying to remove google from the country?

our prime minister is heading an unreasonable bill that would force google to incur heavy and unrealistic losses, which it would sooner just avoid by blocking access to australia altogether, than follow.

This is not anything anyone asked for, and the PM is threatening to disrupt peoples lives for no reason other than corperate greed. How do i contest this or confront the government? given the choice i am very certain more people in the country disagree with this decision, or, even just with the giving of this ridiculous ultimatum. Plus it pretty much exclusively only takes money from google and facebook, it would benefit nobody without the two present.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The US government needs to do something about them also.  Your government knows what they are doing.

• 1 month ago

He is not the only one that is going after Google.

The EU has been going after Google in court on the grounds that they see it as a monopoly and they may have a point.

If Microsoft was considered a monopoly by adding internet explorer to Windows.

Then Android phones, Google Chrome books that operate off of their search engine could be seen by the same light.

Plus it could also be seen as them having an unfair competitive advantage due to their web hosting business.

And they are only one of the big tech companies having issues.

India is considering banning the use of Facebook in their country.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.