Why doesnt my pc turn on?

So I started building a PC and i got myself the asus z390-p as it was on a great price at amazon. I also got an intel celeron processor it was the 7th gen but the same socket the lga 1151 socket. THe pc wont turn on. Could it be the processor? I didnt notice that on the motherboard it saId gen 8 and gen 9 processors only

at the asus website, under your model, go to the 'support' tab, then 'cpus' -- you'll find a list of every cpu the mobo can support.  toss that celeron junk and get one of the supported cpus

You cannot purchase a CPU based on the SOCKET. A CPU connects internally to the CHIPSET. A Mainboard CHIPSET has a LIST of SUPPORTED CPU's. Your mainboard makers site will have a link to the SUPPORTED CPU list. Potentially this list could vary per COUNTRY because the mainboard may have slightly different versions so make sure you check you look at the right country listing for it. Versions are usually marked on the mainboard itslef and the BIOS release will match the version of the mainboard. The list of supported cpu's grows over time as new cpu's are release  PROVIDED that the mainboard maker ADDS them to the latest BIOS which must be updated BEFORE fitting a recent cpu.

see here  https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z390-P/...