Is there any scholarship or financial aid?

I am in the early thirties.

I would like to go to Pharm school.

I graduated from university in Japan a decade ago.

The degree that I have got is in pharmaceutical is not for a pharmacist.

I have ten years' experience working as a software engineer.

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    To qualify for financial aid in US, you must be US citizen or legal permanent resident. You would have to file FAFSA, proving household income, expenses, & extensive additional data. If you have been working as a software engineer for a decade, your income is probably way too high to qualify for financial aid. You've had years to save up for grad school, build assets, etc.

    Your undergraduate coursework probably does not meet requirements to qualify to apply for admission to Pharmacy School. Expect to spend a couple of years completing the prerequisite science courses before you might qualify to apply to pharmacy schools. 

    Note most pharmacist jobs now are only part-time as pharmacy has become a very popular program, and the market is pretty-full to glutted in many areas. Do you really want to be a pharmacist, invest years of time & money in schooling, even if it means part-time work at seriously reduced income compared to top software engineers?

  • 1 month ago

    this is a question for the financial aid people at your chosen university.  and yes, In America, there is financial aid -- likely loans, not outright scholarships.  After all, as a pharmacist, you'll likely be able to repay the loans fairly easily.  -- grampa  [married 32 years to uni Professor]

  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    There are tons of scholarships and financial aid out there.  You will have to fill out your FAFSA and work with a college counselor to see what there is for you.

    Or, pay your way through school like many others have done.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.