!?!? asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Am I selfish, self-centered or just care for my life thinking this of the military?

That I'm 24 and can't understand guys my age are willing to go to war and die for the causes of people in their 60s, 70s or worse. Isn't that kind of a loser? 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

dude.......many don't join because they death wishes and , want to DIE. 

The military is a place to gain experience, a skill,   maybe man up,  grow a nut sack,  learn to lead others,  and other important  life skills. 

Many join for the GI BILL, and  want to go to college, after their stint. 

They are NOT joining to be murderous thugs, and go get themselves killed in battle. 

Granted,  if you are sent to war.......that's a possibility of course......but not the desired  outcome of anyone. 

• Cee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are who you are, I guess... 

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The 'causes' are for EVERY American.  Being in the military builds character and discipline.  I'm sure if no American joined the military........or if we didn't have any military at all.............every country, on Planet Earth, would attack us and take over.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Users TB12, Rick B, Mark and Zack have given you excellent answers which covered it all. The USA is a free country, join or don't join I don't care.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

maybe but maybe not so ok

hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a free country. 

• Zack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not everyone goes to war because of the thought of war. Some go for travel, some for benefits (ex: paid education), some love guns, some need a job, some can't think of anything else they want to do with their life, etc.

• 1 month ago

oh, I guess freedom for your relatives and yourself isn't something you'd fight for.

• Mark
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

@Rick B - the last time we went to war to protect the country was WWII, and Pearl Harbor was the last time we were attacked.  Our technology and show of force protects the country when we protect US business interests abroad.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"die for the causes of people in their 60s, 70s"????  You think that protecting your country is only important to those in the 60s and 70s????  That makes no sense at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.