Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Liberals : Do you agree with this statement?

"The free the market, the freer the people."

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

sounds like conservative slavery chant to me

• 1 month ago

The more unregulated the market 

becomes the faster greed and corruption grows within that market. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not necessarily. These sentiment behind this notion assumes that the only form of Oppression which can exist is State freshman. So if we get rid of State pression in the economy then people will be more free, at least in economic terms. This is the Hallmark of Classical liberalism, the idea which developed really in the 18th century in which most reformers in the 18th and 19th centuries. But what many liberals came to understand in the late 19th century is that oppression can come from sources other than the state. The great concentrations of wealth which occurred in the industrial era made it clear that private institutions can amass enough power to cause a prescient. That's one of the problems with the idea of a completely free market. Eventually you will usually end up with oppressive situations. P entire point of regulation of the market is to ensure Fair Operation, Freedom, and prosperity for the general public not merely those who are wealthy and best able to game the system

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's absurd....something a rich person would say.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Market freedom is not the only freedom that exists and matters, so I have to say that it is, at best, a half-truth.  There are many benefits to the concept and the practice of free market, and many faults as well.  I think extremism in anything tends to be a mistake.  The world is gray, not black and white.  Choosing white or black and excluding the gray is a huge error in judgement, in my view.

• 1 month ago

No.  Before anti-trust laws, we had monopolies to take advantage of Americans.

In a general sense, it's more true than false, but at best it's an oversimplification.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Please get over it already. Trump lost and President Biden won

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.