Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Why don't Americans unlike Europeans and Asians like luxury brands?

Rolex, Seiko, Apple, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Bentley, Volkswagen, Louis Vuitton, Louboutin, Chanel, Comme des Garçons, Yves Saint Laurent, LVHM.   

Microsoft, Samsung, LG, Chevrolet, Ford, GM, Timex, Westinghouse are all Junk Brands. 

Feel free to add to the respective list.    

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Apparently many Americans have more common sense. Many of us don't give a crap about designer anything. I would suspect that we also comprise a large percentage of the population who isn't demanding some government hand out or program. 

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The purpose of a watch is to tell time. A Timex is just as accurate as a Rolex. People who feel they have to wear a Rolex have inferiority complexes and think the Rolex makes them more important.  Expensive cars can't go any faster than Toyotas, but they are expensive to fix and are more likely to be stolen.

• 1 month ago

All I need my vehicle to do is get from point A to point B, efficiently and reliably. Plenty of vehicles costing a fraction of the luxury brands will do exactly that.

All I need my luggage to do is hold and protect my stuff.  I can get two well-made bags for 1/20th the cost of Louis Vuitton. 

A lot of us aren't impressed with 'luxury'.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

For the buyers it's a way of signifying they belong to this particular herd, i.e. aspirational. 

Or they view it as an investment!

Also it's not optional if people work in a certain industry to not flaunt a particular brand.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I live in a country where people literally look down on you and see you as ''poor'' if you don't have a luxury item or don't wear expensive brand of clothes. It's stupidity. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"junk" is subjective. some people don't see a need for $500 purses or shoes nor do they have the money. how unthoughtful of you to be judgemental like this.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because Americans have no class.

• 1 month ago

We can't admit  that there is anybody or anything better than American.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Dang, if ur oxy is branded that is purty as all heck.

• 1 month ago

The same cars would have to be imported to the US mostly. Not all the time in every part. Americans have told me they mostly don't have the wide range Europe has and would have to import if they want something different.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.