Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 months ago

Poll: Do your answers not show up sometimes when you answer a question?

Sometimes I would answer a question, the green banner says I received 2 points but the answer doesn’t show up.

Lee——— Thank you, it worked😘

Joe K——- sometimes those answers may have been mine😐

Who’s thumbing down? Smh

Thanks everyone for your answers

YES!!!  And sometimes it tells me that somebody has answered my question, and I look and their answer isn't there.   I'm a programmer - I'm trying to figure out what kind of logic is making that happen

Source(s): Yes - I think it has been your answer a couple of times
  • Yep it does happen a few times not as much as other users has also happened when I ask a q. Just happened today wirh an answer and said 0 points like WTF 😫😡 waste of my time typing.

Source(s): It also messes what I typed sometimes as some of the words get cut off.

This case is really old and has been there for ages and till now ya doesn't want to fix this shite

But for now the ways to prevent these:

Avoid posting suspicious links 

Make your answers not too short

Avoid repeating the same character alot

Avoid adding empty spacebar keys alot

Use relevant words that really exists in the english dictionary 😂

If you noticed that it till disappears try editing it again and again till it appears

thats the autobot censors trying to figure out what you typed

I've had this happen mainly when posting links or copy/pasting an answer. (eg: a recipe someone wanted, don't want to type all that out)

Sometimes, it might be a glitch or something.

Yes, you have to be careful to not say anything favorable to trump or critical of democrats or your answer will appear only to you & no one else.

Your answer will not show up on any other users page, Its called shadow ghosting & Yahoo has been doing it for about a full year now,

They began shadow ghosting in the news comments shortly before they eliminated comments altogether.

That never happened to me. Maybe refresh the page?

Yes, just refresh the screen.  You may need to resort the answers to "Newest" which should be the default view.  I have no idea how "relevance" is determined.

• Lee

Not for me, but I know many users with this problem. You'll have to Edit your answer for it to appear.