i broke my 6 year old macbook?

i cracked my 6 year old macbook pro 13" and I'm scared to tell my parents, it is my moms old one. what should I do? There is also a bunch of dead pixels

• Lv 7

don't lie. if you do, they will never trust you again.

if you are honest, they will be mad, but as long as you are genuinely sorry, ultimately, it will be fine.

you messed up, it happens. but you have to pay for it, just like anybody else would.

it is dead.  time for a replacement.  they didn't expect it to last forever ... that's why you got it.

• David

Nothing you can do apart from owning up. Accidents happen. The screen can be replaced at a cost, any repairer or Apple store can do this. The Apple store would charge about $350, local repairers maybe less. Your parents may have accidental damage insurance under household cover.

Alternatives are emigration, doing the dishes, blaming the dog/brother/sister.

• Rick B

IT is 6 years old.  Time for a new one.