Tell me what's best Chinese movie?

Better Days is best chiness movie.

• Liz

Anything with Bruce Lee.

Covid 19: The Sequel

• Kyle

Jet Li's Fearless 

• F

Rush hour with Jackie Chan

my favorites are "chinese box" (which is a coprodution china/england), "stray dogs"

"raise of the red lanterns" and "fallen angels". "house of flying daggers" and "dream home" are also interesting.

Spring in a Small Town  (1948)            

Get some Chow Yun Fat stuff directed by John Woo. They’re like DiNero and Scorsese.

• James

My favorites are Iron Monkey, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers, and Hero. They're all movies in the modern Wuxia style, meaning highly choreographed martial arts sequences embellished with wired stunts and special effects.

Iron Monkey was the first one that I saw. It was more comedic, but it still had great action sequences. It was a great introduction to the genre. Then came Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and House of Flying Daggers. Both amazing films. However, my favorite out of the four is Hero because of its cinematic beauty. The pacing is a bit slower than the other three films, but Zhang Yimou's deliberate use of colors makes this movie a visual treat. The same story is told and retold in flashbacks from different points of view (similar to the Japanese film Rashomon). I hope you enjoy them.

• The Taking of Tiger Mountain.

🥴 mm... I dunno.

Been a long time. 

Err... Crazy Rich Asians?

It pin points issues recently migrated Americans have with their ancestral lands.