Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Is Prince Charles ready to be King yet? ?

Or a bit more preparation? 

Don't want to rush into these things. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

🤣.                          

• 3 weeks ago

Irrespective, of all his other doings with 'Diana and Camilla, he's been  ready for about 40 years.  H.M. will not abdicate/resign because she took a sworn oath at here coronation to be the monarch to her dying day. 

The moment she dies Prince Charles will be King. It is an instantaneous event; The heralds declare 'The Queen is dead. Long live the King'. 

There is no public vote on him becoming king.  Parliament will probably pass a vote of approval on him becoming king. 

• 1 month ago

No because her Majesty is still alive,but when she sadly leave us then the Prince of Wales will be ready.

• 1 month ago

At 72 he better be!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not until his mother passes.

• I do not support the concept of a monarchy, but even within such models, Prince Charles seems to be entirely unsuitable - arrogant, entitled, venal and whimsical all at the same time. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, I'd say that after 70-odd years, he's certainly better-prepared to be king than you are, but then, neither you nor I is really qualified to judge.

You certainly are not.

Why you are so hysterical about it is an interesting question, given that a constitutional monarchy doesn't offer a lot of scope for the monarch to do anything at all.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He and Camilla becoming king and queen will cause a re-hashing of the Charles/Camilla/Diana scandals. Not good for the monarchy. 

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

While Charles is the most prepared Prince of Wales ever for the job and currently is working with his mother, he does not want to see his mother die--a drawback for this type of position.

• Shiloh
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Charles would make a fine king. He is a peaceable and good natured gentleman. 

Is he not? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.