Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

My girlfriend is having vaginal pain during sex and we don’t know what to do. What’s wrong?

For some months, she’s been having pain and she doesn’t know why. She went to a night clinic and after listening to her explanation, they told her she had a yeast infection and or UTI. She got the prescription for both and finished them both. Still the same issue. Every time she got examined before they said nothing was wrong. She does have physiological trauma from childhood and she thinks it may just be her. She also is thinking about seeing a Ob/Gyn for the first time. We don’t know what’s wrong. Our worst fear is something more serious like cancer or among those lines. I understand no one is a doctor here but I’m just curious and want opinions.

3 Answers

  • Marc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    If she has been examined then she doesnt have cancer. This is most likely a psych issue and she should seek treatment from a mental health provider who specializes in sexual issues

  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    A visit to the Gyn is the next step.  Treatment from clinics tend to be rather generic.  When someone is having a very specific, unusual health condition, you'll usually get better treatment by going to a primary care physician or a specialist.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago


    I dunno. Can be an ovarian cyst, kinks from the way she sits, sleeps or a pinched nerve. 

    I get them from time to time. Im looking them up too. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.