Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Being kicked out?

If I am being kicked out the house and thrown on the streets in another state what can I do to find shelter? I'm unsure of what to do because I will not have a phone or anything... is there somehow a place to call in advance for shelter or go somewhere to get help to get to family? I would be five states away..

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Individuals can make you take off from a house, however they can't make you move five states away. In the event that you have a work, [or regardless of whether you don't] go to a destitute asylum, the YMCA, aggressive behavior at home focus, where somebody can help you discover cover

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes and is there a law that says you cant be homeless ..lol

• 1 month ago

You can call 2-1-1 from any phone & find out that if any programs are available in your area. 

• 1 month ago

There used to be a government agency called Travelers' Aid.  If they are still around they can help you get home.

Walk into any police or fire station or walk up to any officer and say : I was just thrown out of where I live and I need to go to the shelter.  They will probably even take you there.

Once there a social worker will be assigned to your case.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You seem to have internet access.....use that to contact your family. use that to search for homeless shelters where you are in the world

• a
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

People can make you leave a house, but they can't make you move five states away. If you have a job, [or even if you don't] go to a homeless shelter, the YMCA, domestic violence center, where someone can help you find shelter.

• 1 month ago

Can your family help pay for a bus/whatever ticket to get to them?

Your local government should also have support options; and you could try local churches, homeless shelters / charities etc. 

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Only a court can order an eviction. Even then you can stay put until bailiffs arrive. So use the time to plan ahead. Email your family to see if they can help. Google the 'net for homeless charities near you. 

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Join the military, and don't tell your family.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Guess you should have followed the rules - - sucks to be you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.