Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How can I try to stand my mum?

So I just turned 18 and will be moving out my house in 8 months. Right now we are in a national lockdown, my mum has her boyfriend round all the time and can't see that its wrong because she's putting mine and my sisters health at risk, also we aren't allowed to do this we are in a lockdown. She's also very intimidating and rude, ive lost a lot of friends because of the way she has treated them ( she's a bit racist- so basically all of my coloured friends). Its gotten to the point where I only have one friend who doesn't ever want to come to my house because of my mum. I really can't stand her she's always her boyfriend before anyone else, she also puts me down a lot and loves to be mean to me. We are in a lockdown right now so how can I try to live with her? Ive lived with this for years but because im stuck inside with her its gotten worse.

By focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel and the fact that you'll be out of there in eight months. 

"Coloured friends"?  Could you be more offensive?  You're 18.  MOVE OUT NOW.