Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

What does 'radicalized' mean? I keep hearing that Trump's supporters are radicalized. Is that the same as brain-washing, or something else?

• Archer

Well, when people in power like politicians promote rioting, looting and and arson as well as saluting those who do not chose to "conform" and those who are insecure in theirs's follow threw with such then "they" have been radicalized as the only way they can validate "theirs" is through hate.

Good question. To the Right extremest, it's the Left that has been radicalized.

radicalized = brainwashed  

I hold on to the fundamentals of my Judeo/Christian beliefs.

It's part of the new stupid talk of the commie dems.  They make up anything they want just to  attack Republicans.  They are very evil, I'm afraid!

It means to be made so incensed about something that you're willing to commit crimes and violence to achieve your goals. ISIS is radicalized, so was Timothy McVeigh. Any ideology can be used to "radicalize" someone. 

It's the same as extremism. For example, the people storming the Capitol were given to radicalization. The super vast majority stayed out wary of the law.

There is nothing the least bit radical about Trump supporters. They just support the status quo: capitalism, wages system, production for profit, inequality, war. 

• Jeff D

Radicalization is what happens on college campuses.

liberal and radical belong in same sentence.