Will this damage my laptop?

When I went to a restaurant to dine in, I found a place to sit and placed my laptop on the table. The waitress suddenly came and started wiping the table with a damp soapy rag. She wiped around my laptop which was turned on during that time. 

Will this cause damage to my laptop?

Note: She did not wipe the rag on my laptop but just around it.

Thank you very much!

There is little chance of damaging any internal components of the laptop. Which is the best outcome. 

No chance to harm the laptop since no water got on it or in it. A bigger worry would be getting hacked using a public wifi connection. You have so much to learn. Next time, move the computer out of the way to be sure.

No , issue might be something else. 

No, only water contact on the inside. So if you ever spill on it, turn it off FAST or it will BZZZZ

Source(s): IT Technology Genius

Very much doubt it.

Ha, no.  Even if she cleaned the area under your laptop, your still fine.  Unless its submerged, or you spill something on it, then your in trouble.  Otherwise, your laptop is going to live another day

Did it even touch the laptop? No?

• garry

yes and .. so what was the clothes dripping wet or moist , usually takes a cup of water to damage it .

Do you really think there is a concern? SMH!

If it was going to damage your laptop it would have done it with in a second or two of her wiping around it.  For it to damage the laptop, some of the water would have had to get into the laptop itself.  Since the water was below the laptop, it would have to somehow go "up" (against gravity) to get into the laptop as it probably sits a little bit above the table on some kind of legs or pads so that air can get under it.  It is unlike that water could somehow go against gravity up into the laptop. There would have to have been enough enough for a puddle to be higher than the bottom of the laptop.

When she wiped the table, within a minute or two it should have dried.  Same with any water that might get into the laptop.  It would dry within a couple minutes.  After that it can not hurt anything.  It is gone.

Plus a drop or two of water is unlikely to do any damage.  It takes a lot more water than that usually to damage anything.   

If your laptop did not die within a minute or two of her wiping the table, it is going to be fine.