Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Was anyone smarter than Einstein?

• ALBERT

I think when you live a life of doing the right thing then you become smart.

• Mark

Probably lots of people.

• garry

yes the italian ferrmi , einstein was only smart to get out of germany ontime .

Maybe as smart as in their own niche. Einstein was a mathematician, physicist, and astrophysicist.

He published his firs paper on relativity at 16 years old.

There are many out there with level of genius.

Enrico Fermi and Leó Spitz - if we are talking of the same period.

The answer to your question is "yes".

I am using Einstein's own words.

Albert Einstein wrote that he considered Lise Meitner to be smarter than himself, and the most intelligent person he had ever met.

He also considered Maria Salomea Skłodowska (Marie Curie) to be at least his equal.

• John

A high IQ without a brain gives us Charles Manson. Brilliance is far more than just a simple number. And much of it is luck. Where and when a person lives.

That's difficult to answer... others have had IQs higher than Einstein's - but *what was measured* for the IQ may or may not affect what abilities a person has.  Einstein was known for visualizing the effects he attempted to describe. His ability to do so may have exceeded anyone since his time, and lead to his success in his field, while others may have been (technically) smarter, but not as talented in visualizing a problem.

Like Sir Isaac Newton, both have *invented* the concepts that we use today.  The ability to see what no one has before is brilliance - and both had to fight the established scientific community's concepts before they were acknowledged... 

Then, I always admired Hawking for his ability (despite his disability) to express complex concepts as well; but, was he smarter?  I think he's expanded on concepts, I'm not sure he's invented new ones (I think that statement is arguable...)  

And, the term "one person being 'smarter' than another", we know the general terms of what that means, but some people are brilliant in one facet of their lives - an autistic man can exactly mimic the piano playing of a pro, a woman can visualize 25 chess moves ahead of her opponent, for examples, but may lack in social skills, or understanding visual cues...  

Einstein was no doubt brilliant, and resided in his element;  was he the *smartest* person ever...?  I have to think there were probably others without the opportunities Einstein had, or were stuck doing things needed to survive without ever discovering what their brilliance could be used for. 

there mightve been someone just as smart

Barack Obama...