Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 2 months ago

does this character look more male or female?

I always struggle with drawing a feminine face, it always comes out looking too masculine for some reason.  

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Looks like an androgynous female.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Whoa, don’t quit your day job.

• 2 months ago

I think its nice and feminine. However I feel that the nose is a bit to pronounced for a female (the nostrils specifically).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

looks alien to me but that's jmho since you asked....

ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try moving the eyes (not the eyebrows) down to the bridge of the nose. Make them a little larger, add lashes. Extend the bottom lip to the corners of the mouth.

• 2 months ago

Bring the eyes down lower, which will shorten the nose.  That will make it look more human and possibly more feminine.  Experiment with shortening the chin a little bit.

• Miss
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I would say female

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A sex change male to female. 

You need to narrow the chin and widen the eyes, and make the hair longer and change the style to make the drawing look more female. Part the hair in the middle. 

You're on the right track so keep at it.

• 2 months ago

It's a good drawing but rather metrosexual, if that is an adequate term to describe uncertain gender.

Rebecca is correct in noting some female features as helpful cues. Things like facial features and hairstyles can further define gender as either male or female.

Keep up the good work, you are off to a good start. Well placed lines overall that simply define a complex shape-the human face.

• 2 months ago

This looks female. Though with feminine features, their chins/jaws are a lot softer and their eyes tend to be slightly larger. Great job!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.