Hello mothers, why does my 4 days old new born baby drink too much milk?

recommendation is 15 to 30 ml.. I feed her with similac ready to feed bottle (59 ml), but it's not enough for her. She wants more. Is it okay to feed her above recommended amount of milk? 

• 5 days ago

OMG feed that child until she is full! Stop reading the labels on the packaging. They don't know your baby~ you do. If you child needs to eat then feed him/her. Your baby will stop when they are full, and that will be how much they will need. 

• 5 days ago

If you were breastfeeding, you would know how much she was drinking. Babies grow at different rates- give her what she needs. 

• 5 days ago

Yep - absolutely okay! I just went through this a few months back as well. The doc at the hospital and the nurses agree that you should never limit your newborns appetite. Keep feeding him as long as he wants more. A chubby baby who is thriving is the healthiest baby possible. (Also the cutest). Congratulations :)  

• Liz
    5 days ago

If my baby is still hungry, I would continue to offer more milk to my baby. However, for specific advice about your baby, you need to talk to a professional (baby's doctor, your doctor, call the ob ward at the hospital, public health, etc).