Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 2 weeks ago

Why are intelligent women always masculine?

I have noticed that nerdy women tend to be masculine and lack femininity. Almost all female scientists have a masculine look and a masculine personality. That could be the reason men hate intelligent women.

• 6 days ago

Who cares who insecure men hate? 

• 1 week ago

Perhaps, they mistakenly feel in order to be in the field they are they must take on a masculine aura. This is wrong on their part.  Why I have no idea; it is not necessary.

• 1 week ago

There were some that looked masculine like Eleanor Roosevelt, and Golda Meir (look at their pictures)  the late Stella Tennant.

These are only a few. So, yes some women but not all look masculine.

1 week ago

We're not masculine, we're just too intelligent to placate men's egos all day. I am secure in my femininity without any man's opinion. Men define femininity as what attracts them personally. I refuse to conform to that. I define my femininity for myself. 

• Herve
    1 week ago

You should get out more.

I don't perceive that to be the case.

Probably the main reason is that at a very early social age, most of them found out that they were inept in the male/female relationship. So afterwords they concentrated their efforts toward other endeavors that they were better suited for.

If indeed all men "hate intelligent women" I guess that would explain how society has gotten so dumb. If you want smart kids you pretty much have to have them with an intelligent partner. 

Intelligence has no bearing on whether a woman is feminine or not.  What your suggesting is ridiculous, next you'll be saying the only intelligent men are not masculine either.  People like you, only perceive intelligent women as being less feminine, because you fear that these women will have no respect for you, because you are unintelligent.

Your anecdotal source bears VERY LITTLE resemblance to reality.

I suspect that is related to you having no clue who is or is not intelligent.