Should I drive to from nc to FL in personal car with 180000 on it?

• 3 days ago

Depends on several things: how well maintained is the car, how far into Florida are you going (Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami?), those are a few things to consider. 

• 5 days ago

It should be ok if well maintained my Corolla with 478000 miles makes the trip to Virginia and back to Miami twice a month with zero problems 

• Boomer
    1 week ago

How should we know? Why are you asking us?

• 1 week ago

Take the car to a shop with a real mechanic (not just an oil change place).  Ask them to check the car because you plan to drive it to FL and back. Have the car serviced at the same time.  

No, you shouldn't carry that much in cash.

• hihi!

I had a '96 with 208,000. Being a daily driver, l would have taken that car cross country. Some cars with a third the miles, uncared for, l would not depend on past my 10 mile commute. I knew a man who had a Dodge PU, straight 6, he drove with his foot in the carburetor, if Diesels had carbs, l mean he ran the heck out of it. It only had 400,000 miles and still was going strong.

Now are YOU up to the highways, cities, traffic, etc. that you will fight with? Should be an easy drive... be careful and keep speed reasonable. Saving 5 minutes per hour is not worth dying for.

• Bill

The condition is more important than miles.  

• P

Highway miles are not that hard on a car so it should be fine, however only you know the history of your car, how well it was maintained, and if there's any outstanding issues you have not taken care of.  At the very least I would make sure you have some type of road side assistance subscribed such as AAA before the trip.   

As long as you've taken care of your vehicle you should be ok driving all the way to the west coast and back.

That's not too many miles if the car is in good working order and the tires are not worn out.