A
A asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 week ago

Do you agree with affirmative action policies? Why?

• 5 days ago

Instead of implementing "affirmative action" policies , perhaps we should just enforce our "equality of opportunity " laws better. 

• 1 week ago

Nope. People should be hired based on their qualifications not their race

• 1 week ago

No.  It is just trading discrimination against one group for another.  Besides it sends the message that the minorities really are inferior, which is patently false.  It’s basic statement is that minorities cannot possibly compete with whites on an even playing field.  It even discriminated against another minority.  Asians and AsianAmericans are hurt by affirmative action.  The proponents of it don’t mind that, because Asians don’t fit their narrative.  Asians on average are more successful than whites without any help.

• 1 week ago

I agree that it's unfortunately necessary due to untrustworthy white racist, and white male misogynistic employers and universities.  

• 1 week ago

Affirmative action can be good, as long as it does not go against the Word of God, the Holy Bible.  Since God created all mankind and He is not a racist, then neither should I.  Throwing mental disorders into racism is what I have a problem with.  God didn't create sexual perversion.  God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.

• 1 week ago

I don't understand your answer Karen.  Why is it not fair?  You can't have it both ways, you agree because its not what you believe in.  So then you are racist and the only reason is to save a few bucks that you agree.  I say you don't agree, you don't understand the root of the problem at all, that if the education and justice system was free of systemic racism you wouldn't need affirmative actions at all.  It is because of it that this action is needed.  It didn't just show up yesterday or in this decade either.  Its what we all inherited by racist run corporations to be forced to treat any race as equals to whites is shameful and everyone should speak out and demand equality for all in all things.  

• 1 week ago

Yes. But what affirmative action policies?   I see none. We used to have them decades ago. I remember a time in the USA when in diversified city that you could not have 100 employees in a firm where 95 of them were white. By law, the companies knew they had to to better than that.  Tell me, where do you see that kind of pressure on companies these days to not discriminate or at least try to show that they do not discriminate?

Why do I agree with affirmative action?  Well, the answer is simple. We can either choose to act with honor and to good moral and scrupulous things that lead society on a better path, or we can choose the path that evil malevolent selfish people might choose.  Its not complicated at all.....to be a just society or not to be.....  Imagine putting the question to Jesus Christ, and let he be the decider on what is the better path, imagine the answer he would choose. Its not complicated at all.

• 1 week ago

It's a qualified yes.. I've seen people of color get opportunities & do very well with them that they would not have otherwise  been able to obtain.  I've also seen some crazy stuff on the contracting side of things because of affirmative action. I've also seen the token minority be the token idiot.. For many jobs, contracts & positions  I want the most qualified, & sometimes what constitutes qualifications is ambiguous. Grades & test scores don't tell the whole story.

• 1 week ago

Yes! Why? Because the purpose of affirmative action makes perfect sense, and that is to establish fair access to employment opportunities. 

• 1 week ago

Affirmative action is an attempt to even out white privilege. As you saw with the College entrance scandal, nothing can do that.