Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Is beef that has been cooked but still a bit raw okay to eat?

If it's been on a high heat, cooked brown on the outside but still red on the inside, ca you still eat it? 

25 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes. If it's fresh. Prime Rib is one of the best cuts of meat, and it's pink in the middle.

So is filet mignon. 

• 2 months ago

Try it and find out. Have some anti-diarrhea medicine handy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

IF IT IS NOT WELL DONE THEN IT IS NOT COOKED ALL THE WAY YET:

• 2 months ago

Unless it is ground beef, which can have bacteria all through it and should be cooked thoroughly, it is the ONLY WAY to cook and eat beef. A well done steak or roast is a waste of good beef.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Uhhh, yeah that is called, depending on how pink the pink is, Rare, Medium Rare or if it is REAL red it is called Blue. 

Now typically I like ground beef cooked all the way for most things but I will take my life in my own hands and take a "walk on the wild side" and order a burger Medium.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Medium/rare. This is the perfect way to eat it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It does not taste good.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it was very fresh before cooking it should be fine.

• 2 months ago

Of course it is safe to eat. It is called 'rare', and is the best way to eat your steak.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take the temperature of the meat. Anything less than 125 degrees may not be, but people still eat it that way. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.