Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 days ago

Are “Covid deaths” people who had Covid and died or cases where Covid was the primary cause of death?

And is this the same as how other deaths are measured?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 days ago
    Favourite answer

Unfortunately there is a lot of inconsistency, but Covid deaths are often anyone who tested positive for Covid and  subsequently died.  Part of the reason for this is hospitals receive more government funding for Covid cases.

It does create a bias when comparing Covid deaths to other causes of death, though I can’t say how large this bias is.   

• 2 days ago

It has been reported that people with existing health issues are more susceptable to die, if they contract the virus. It is the lingering effects of their pre-covid heaIth that exacerbate and cause their death.

Because they tested positive for COViD, that is then listed as their cause of death.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    2 days ago

No one on this site would know. Talk to the CDC.

• 3 days ago

They are those who would not have died when they did had they not contracted the disease.  That is why excess mortality is so high since the pandemic hit the USA.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 days ago

It is both. My relative died of a stroke while in rehabilitation for the lingering effects of Covid-19 whereas another person I knew died specifically from Covid-19 directly. 

• garry
    Lv 6
    3 days ago

most deaths occured from complications and not accurately caused by the virus alone , its easier to count all the deaths . kits better than doing 500,000   autopsies . most died of pnumoeia , as seperate is , its a side effect  of the covid virus , covid alone doesnt kill you , it lets pnumonea take over .

• 4 days ago

Anyone who died with the virus in their system is labeled a "covid death" by the hospital, so even if it's not what brought on the death, it's still labeled a covid death. Why do you think the mortality rates reported in the media are so high?

• 4 days ago

They got more money if they said Cause of Death = Covid !

People who died while having Covid were in many case said to have died of Covid ! Just like how Cuomo lied about the Nursing Home Deaths our Government get the medical industry to lie about this so they can "Create a Narrative" that Suits them !

I would guess that the Covid repoting will start to look a lot better now that DEM's Stole the Election and Put Biden in office !

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    4 days ago

I consider any attempts to minimize/reduce the threat of C-19 a counterproductive threat to humanity that contributes to the severity. Trump lacked taking it serious enough and the US became one of the most contaminated countries. It's better to take it too seriously than not serious enough.

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

They have underlying  issues in some cases. If your lung is somewhat normal and  you  die to  not having  enough oxygen in your lungs. it is COvid.   Then  people people health condition that makes them unable to cope with other Covid   issues  or   they died a week later. It is all related in one way  or  another.   But Some people live  with complications after 4 months... So the answer is anything goes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.