ok asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 week ago

please help ..Who are the historians those recorded the events of the Vikings?

I am meaning the names of contemporary historians of the vikings.. Thank you so much

• ?
    1 week ago

The Elder Edda or Poetic Edda (originally attributed to Sæmundr fróði, although this is now rejected by modern scholars) is a collection of Old Norse poems and stories originated in the late 10th century. Although these poems and stories probably come from the Scandinavian mainland, they were first written down in the 13th century in Iceland. The first and original manuscript of the Poetic Edda is the Codex Regius, found in southern Iceland in 1643 by Brynjólfur Sveinsson, Bishop of Skálholt.

The Younger Edda or Prose Edda was written by Snorri Sturluson, and it is the main source of modern understanding of Norse mythology and also of some features of medieval Icelandic poetics, as it contains many mythological stories and also several kennings. In fact, its main purpose was to use it as a manual of poetics for the Icelandic skalds.

• 1 week ago

Well, there's Joe, for a start. And Bob, too. He's my favourite. Bob, I mean. Joe's OK, but a bit "dry", I think. Hope this helped answer your badly-written question.