Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

How do I confront my teacher about failing me falsely?

This is my first year of college and I have had good marks in this class, I do admit I handed in my final exam a day late so she gave me a zero, but I was not aware that it was due the day before, all my other assignments and tests were about 90% average, but I have a couple about 5-6 assignments that she did not grade so automatically it's a zero on my report, I don't know if she forgot to grade them, but let's say she had graded them, I would have definitely passed, by the way all of this class was online only due to covid, now I have to retake this class on July, I passed all my other classes. How do I confront her about this? 

I have emailed my teacher about this  several times but she has not replied, she also didn't show up to school when I tried to go to her office 

• RICK

Final exams usually account for 50% of grade. So even with all 100s a 0 on final exam you fail with a 50

• ?

I'd call the university directly and ask how to dispute a given grade. Usually reviewed by others who decide.

In this case you may have done well but, you dropped the ball on the final...so make it a learning lesson and take the class over.

It's not your teacher's fault, or responsibility, that you failed to check dates and submitted a paper late. You're not at school any more. 

There's no confrontation required - you failed to submit a paper on time, and this is what happens. 

You're an adult - this is your responsibility. And 

When you retake the class, make sure you submit things by the due date this time. 

Contact your university ombudsman and explain the situation. I don't know why you weren't aware when the assignment was due, though. Assignments are usually given the due date when they are handed out. 

The zeros had to be averaged with the good marks.  Overage, your average was a failed grade.  Now it not the time to ask about her not grading prior exams/reports. It's too late.  You should have done that when those test results were returned and yours wasn't in the lot.  Since you didn't - 5 or 6 times, I question the facts as you see it.  Regardless, you are too late.  You failed.  You have only yourself to blame when you turned it in late.  When you were given the exam, you should have asked when it was due then, not made some assumption and then turn it in late.  Life is going to continue to give you hard blows if you don't smarten up soon.  Ask when you need to - don't wait until it is too late, and don't assume anything - ever.

You can START by learning you failed legitimately.

If you were not aware when the exam was due LONG BEFORE the last day, that alone is sufficient reason to flunk the course.

For starters don't call it a confrontation. Its a polite conversation. Do not blame her, be apologetic and ask if there is anything you can do to get a passing grade.

It doesn't matter what your score was or would have been had you completed the final exam...

You didn't... you deserve to fail. 

• ?

Email your teacher in regards to the ungraded assignments.